CAS No.: 1330-20-7
Other Names: Xylene
Purity: 99.0% Min
Appearance: Colorless, transparent liquid
1. Xylene is used as a solvent.
2. Used in the printing, rubber and leather industries.
3. Used as a cleaning agent for steel and for silicon wafers and
4. Used as a thinner for paints, varnishes and lacquers.
5. Used in paint strippers and graffiti removers.
6. It is used as a carrier for acrylic based concrete sealers.
7. It is used in the laboratory to make baths with dry ice to cool
reaction vessels to low temperatures when required.
|Appearance||Transparent liquid without
|Color(Hazen platinum-colalt color
|Purity %||99.5 min|
|initial boiling point||137Min|
|final boiling point||143Max|
|Acyl washing colorimetric||Color of Acid
layer is not
|1000ml, containing 0.5g
|Evaporation residue mg/100ml
|Total sulfur content
|neutral Test||neutral |